RZ Cooking

The Best Cooking Resource in the Universe

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Ryan's Homestyle French Toast


On the weekends, I always want something a little better for breakfast. When I don't feel like cooking anything too difficult though, I never get tired of French Toast. I have been perfecting this recipe for a while now and I think I finally have created a great recipe. The amounts I’ve given are rough and can be modified to your liking. The orange zest is also optional, but I find it gives a nice refreshing taste to the dish.

5 Slices of bread (white bread, raisin, etc.)
4 large eggs
¼ cup whole milk
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
½ tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Sugar
2 tsp. Orange Zest (optional)
Butter for greasing pan

Beat 4 eggs in an 8x8 pan. Add milk, Vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and Orange Zest if desired. Beat until well incorporated. Mixture should be a pale yellow color.

Heat medium frying pan at medium heat. Grease pan with butter. Soak two slices of bread for about 10 seconds in the egg mixture and then on the other side until completely saturated. Place both in frying pan.

Cook for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip with a spatula or fork and cook for another 2-4 minutes. Repeat process with the other two slices of bread until all the bread is cooked.

Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, a dusting of confectioners’ sugar, or some fresh fruit

Makes: 5 slices

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make A RC smoothie

6/09/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home